We know that there’s no such thing as a true ‘off-season’ in D2 men’s basketball.
Yes, the games ended in the end of March when Augustana (S.D.) hoisted the national championship trophy inside Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco, Texas. And, yes, practices don’t officially begin until mid-October as over 300 teams gear up for the 2016-2017 season which begins on Nov. 11.
But, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot to talk about between now and November, as coaching changes, conference changes and roster changes dominate the down time.
Over the next few weeks (if not sooner), we’ll be taking a look at each of the 24 conferences with our off-season reports, which will include:
- A summary of standings and BennettRank finishes;
- Coaching and membership changes for each league (H/T to HoopDirt.com for their "Coaching Changes Tracker" as a valuable time-saving tool as opposed to searching over 300+ websites to identify coaching changes);
- A look at which all-conference players have moved on and who are projected to return; and
- A “circle the date” game to mark on your calendars.
Our reports will be posted by region, so check back regularly to see when your conference’s off-season report is live on our site.
- Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association
- Mountain East Conference
- Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
- Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- Great Lakes Valley Conference
- Great Midwest Athletic Conference
- Great American Conference
- Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association
- Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference