The NHL playoffs are notorious for unexpected upsets by lower seeds and home ice advantage that typically doesn’t amount to much. This year was the exception, however, as the brackets went mostly chalk with the exception of the San Jose Sharks sweeping the higher-seeded Anaheim Ducks. Now that the first round is in the books, it’s time to check out the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup odds entering the quarterfinals.
GET A FREE $25 BET!
Use the promo code HeroSports to get your FREE $25 Bet
A few interesting things to note about these updated Stanley Cup odds:
- The Golden Knights are slightly behind the Bruins despite Vegas sweeping the Kings and Boston needing seven games to hold off Toronto.
- The Capitals have fairly long odds at 6-1, most likely due to the fact they’re 1-9 against the Penguins in the playoffs all time.
- The Jets won their first playoff series since returning to Winnipeg. The only team left from Canada has 5-1 odds as it prepares to face the favorite Predators.
- Tampa Bay and Boston will face off in the quarterfinals and have the identical odds at 4-1.
- While still the long shot, the Sharks jumped all the way from 15-1 at the start of the playoffs to 7-1 after a surprising four-game sweep of the Anaheim Ducks.
[divider]COFFARO: Super Bowl LIII Odds[divider]
2018 NHL Stanley Cup Odds
With the first round of the NFL playoffs in the books, here are your updated odds as teams prepare for the quarterfinals.
|Tampa Bay Lightning||4-1|
|Vegas Golden Knights||5-1|
|San Jose Sharks||7-1|