BR-24 Washburn Ichabods
Location: Topeka, Kan.
Head Coach: Ron McHenry (16th season, 374-94)
2014-15 Finish: 16-12 (Did not qualify for NCAA Tournament)
2014-15 MIAA Finish: 8-11 (8th; Lost to Northeastern State in First Round of MIAA Tournament)
Projected MIAA Finish: 6th
- G Taylor Ignoto (13.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg)
- G Casyn Buchman (12.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg)
- C Honor Duvall (12.0 ppg, 6.2 rpg)
- G Allyssa Nikkel (5.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg)
- G Janelle Travis (4.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg)
- G/F Dana Channel (2.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg)
Key Returners (*Returning Starters)
- Jr. G Erika Kane (5.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg)
- *Sr. F Jayna Smith (5.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg)
- Jr. C Felisha Gibbs (3.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg)
New Players to Watch
Junior transfer guard Julie Ravn averaged 14.1 ppg last season for Cowley County Community College, hitting 161 three-pointers in her two year JUCO career.
Save the Dates
Nov. 21, 2015 at Drury; Nov. 27, 2015 at Nova Southeastern: The Ichabods might have one of the toughest schedules in the nation with back-to-back games against the Great Lakes Valley Conference and Sunshine State Conference champions respectively.
Did You Know?
- The Ichabods were second in the nation in rebound margin last season (+10.9).
- Washburn holds the longest winning streak in D2 women’s basketball history – 51 – set between 2005 and 2006, and appeared in 12 straight NCAA tournaments from 2002 through 2013, including the 2005 national championship.