Between now and Monday, Feb. 10 — when we’ll reveal our overall FCS team and individual recruiting rankings — we’re going to begin to release some of our early thoughts about each class here, conference by conference and position by position. You can check back here for links to all of it, if you missed it the day it was released.
Also … remember, this is a ranking of HIGH SCHOOL commitments … this is only one way our FCS rankings differentiate us from 247Sports and Rivals etc. Also … we don’t pay any attention to the star rating, this ranking is based solely on how each athlete is coveted, who wanted him … and how many wanted him. That’s it. Film evaluation is something I will leave up to the coaches, as they have their jobs on the line with that. I figure if their jobs are on the line, they’re probably doing a pretty good job of figuring out who they want to offer a spot on their teams. And they are certainly better than I am at making that determination.
(National Signing Period begins Wednesday, Feb. 5 and runs through April 1)
|Jan. 27||Big Sky (Team/Ind.)|
|Jan. 28||CAA (Team/Ind.)|
|Jan. 29||MVFC (T/I)|
|Jan. 30||OVC (T/I)|
|Feb. 3||Southland (T/I)|
|Feb. 4||SoCon (T/I)|
|Feb. 6||Positions (see below)|
|Feb. 7||Big South (T/I)|
|Feb. 9||HBCUs (T/I)|
|Feb. 9||Patriot League (T/I)|
|Feb. 10||NATIONAL RANKING – Team and Individual|
|Feb. 6||Running Backs|
|Feb. 6||Defensive Backs|
NOTE: I will not be doing immediate conference rankings of the NEC and Pioneer League because these conferences overwhelmingly use the entire signing period — which runs from Feb. 5 to April 1. They tend to announce their signing classes much later than Feb. 5, when most FCS schools announce theirs. However, top individuals from those conferences will be included in the Top 300 recruit rankings, if they qualify by our criteria.
Quick rankings explanation:
- Only high school recruits are taken into account. Transfers are separate and will be evaluated much later this spring.
- The system is based on school offers, NOT 247Sports or Rivals. Every level of D-1 (P5, G5, FCS) has a particular tiered point total.
- When it comes to team rankings, it’s the value of all of its Dec. signees and current commitments’ point totals combined. Every kid counts.
- I respect PWOs — preferred walk-ons. They get credit too. The FCS is the perfect level for walk-ons. They matter to these schools.
- The final national rankings for Top 50 teams and Top 300 individuals will publish Monday, Feb. 10