The FCS season has been moved to the spring this academic year due to COVID.
The 24-team bracket will be reduced to 16 teams. The typical format for the bracket is 10 auto-bids from 10 conferences and 14 at-large bids. This spring, there will be 10 auto-bids and six at-large bids.
Notable dates are:
- Selection Show: Sunday, April 18 (10:30 a.m. CT — ESPNU)
- 1st Round: Weekend of April 24
- Quarterfinals: Weekend of May 1
- Semifinals: May 8 (11 a.m. CT on ESPN, 7 p.m. CT on ESPN2)
- Championship Game (Frisco, Texas): Sunday, May 16 (1 p.m. CT on ABC)
FCS Playoff Committee Members
Fall games will be included in playoff resumes.
Teams can play up to eight regular-season spring games in a 13-week period with the last regular-season game occurring no later than April 17. A minimum of four games must be played to qualify as an at-large bid.
For more information on conference spring formats and schedules, click here
For more information on teams that have opted out of the spring season, click here