The FCS Kickoff began in 2014, a Week 0 game to showcase the subdivision and two of its top teams. Broadcasted on ESPN networks, it’s been a great way for the FCS to gain national exposure.
The first three games were at home sites, but the last four have been held at the Cramton Bowl in Montgomery, Alabama.
Here are the number of viewers that tuned into each game:
- 2014: Sam Houston State @ Eastern Washington – 676K
- 2015: North Dakota State @ Montana – 981K
- 2016: Charleston Southern @ North Dakota State – 797K
- 2017: Jacksonville State vs. Chattanooga – 725K
- 2018: Jacksonville State vs. North Carolina A&T – 564K
- 2019: Youngstown State vs. Samford – 718K
- 2020: Central Arkansas vs. Austin Peay – 501K