After 10 great years in the NFL, another in a long line of great Chicago Bears running backs finally called it a career with this inspiring speech. Although most NFL fans are quite familiar with his work, these Matt Forte college stats and highlights are an eye-popping reminder of just how talented he was at Tulane — especially during his senior campaign of 2007.
GET A 50% DEPOSIT BONUS UP TO $1000!
Use the promo code HeroSports to get your 50% Bonus
The Bears made Forte the 44th overall selection in the 2008 draft.
[divider]COFFARO: Highlights: Tulane's Parry Nickerson[divider]
Matt Forte College Stats
While it would take a dissertation to dig into all of Forte's statistical accomplishments in college, here are some of the highlights:
- Played in nearly every Green Wave contest over four years.
- 833 career rushing attempts.
- 4,265 total rushing yards.
- 2,127 rushing yards in 2007, which is still 13th-best in college football history behind legends that includes Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, and LaDainian Tomlinson.
- 39 rushing touchdown and another 5 receiving.
- Has the top three single-game rushing totals in school history, including a career-best 342 yards against SMU in 2007.
- Finished his career with 5,250 total yards from scrimmage.
Matt Forte College Highlights
Watch arguably the greatest running back in Tulane history scorch Southeastern Louisiana and SMU during his senior year.
Forte the One-Man Wrecking Crew
Matt Forte NFL Highlights
All that hard work in New Orleans catapulted the running back into an NFL career where he ran for over 1,000 yards on 5 occasions (missing out on number 6 by just 3 yards in 2011) and had an impressive 75 touchdowns. He also finished his career with 9,796 yards on the ground and another 4,672 in the air on 554 receptions.
Is the next stop on Forte's NFL journey the Hall of Fame?